Participants at the Intercultural Trainer Academy are responsible for booking their own accommodation. On this page, we have compiled some useful information and recommendations about accommodation and public transport in Bremen.
The event takes place at Jacobs University Bremen which is located in the North of Bremen, about 20km from the city center and central station. We thus strongly recommend to book accommodation in “Bremen Nord”, for example in Vegesack, Grohn or Lesum, all of which are areas of the city which are relatively close to campus.
Here is an overview of hotels which are close to campus:
- Atlantic Hotel Vegesack (about 5 min by bus to campus): https://www.atlantic-hotels.de/hotel-vegesack-bremen/
- Hotel Strandlust (about 5 min by bus to campus): https://strandlust.de/
- Hotel Strandlust Boarding House (about 5 min by bus from campus): http://strandlust-boardinghouse.de/zimmer/
Another option that some of our participants in previous years have used is booking a room via AirBnB or similar providers – to find rooms close to campus, you should search for places in “Bremen Lesum”, “Bremen Grohn” or “Bremen Vegesack”.
Concerning public transport, here is an overview of tickets and fares (last updated on September 25, 2018, see https://www.bsag.de/de/angebote.html for more information):
Short distance ticket (“Kurzstrecke”) if you travel from the hotels in Vegesack to campus:
- 1.45€ per ride
- 5.40 € for 4 rides (i.e. 1.35€ per ride)
Regular ticket for all other trips in Bremen
- 2.80€ per ride
- 25.50€ for a 10-rides card
- 22.80€ for a weekly ticket (unlimited rides)
If you need to travel from the airport to Bremen Vegesack, you can take the public transport (for about 2.80€) or a taxi (for approx. 50-60€).