For any questions you cannot find an answer to in the FAQ section or on the website of the Winter Academy on Intercultural Competence regarding eligibility for the participation in the program, course contents, registration deadlines, accommodation, tuition fees, social program, etc. please write an email to alessia.depetris [at] intercultur.de.
- The tuition fee of 950 € covers the participation in the first 7 days of the course, the course material, and public events.
- The tuition fee of 1,250 € covers the participation in the full 10-days course, the certificate “Intercultural Trainer”, the course material, and public events.
Not included are: participants’ accommodation and board, travel costs and visa. You can book accommodation and full board additionally through us, though.
Yes, we can provide you with accommodation and board at the Jacobs University Campus. We offer single rooms with full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and coffee breaks at the University’s canteen).
- The price for a 10-nights accommodation and full board (for the participation in the 7-days course) is 650 €.
- The price for a 12-nights accommodation and full board (for the participation in the full 10-days course) is 780 €.
Yes, you are free to arrange for your own accommodation. Please notice, however, that the Jacobs University Campus where the Winter Academy takes places is not located in Bremen city center. For more information on the location, please check this page.
ECTS stands for European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System. It is a standard for comparing the study attainment and performance of students of higher education across the European Union and other collaborating European countries. 1 ECTS point is equivalent to 30 hours of work. Home universities may decide on the equivalent credits they may award to their students based on that description.
Yes, you can. However, you should contact the academic office of your home university to make sure a transfer of credits can be guaranteed.
If you need a visa to enter Germany, please let us promptly know. We can provide you with an invitation letter. This letter will only be send to you upon special request and receipt of your payment.
If you have booked accommodation at the Campus, you will receive further details about it by the beginning of december.
Please find here all information on how to reach Bremen and the Jacobs University Campus by flight/train/public transportation/car.
There is wireless LAN at the venue. You will be given the login data upon your arrival. You also have access to internet in your room, if you are accommodated in the Campus.
Yes, you may print at the venue. Yet, you will get copies of all necessary course materials for free.
You don’t necessarily have to bring a laptop. You won’t need it for the Winter Academy. You will also have access to the computers in the Jacobs University Library.
- Passport / ID
- Writing material
- Rain protection
- Comfortable shoes
- Winter clothes (it can get quite cold in Bremen in January!)
- Typical snack or food from your home country
If you are accommodated at the Jacobs University Campus with full board (also on the weekend):
- 7-days course: 40/50 € for additional snacks/drinks + 70/100 € for additional self-organized activities = 110/150 €
- Full 10-days course: 50/80 € for additional snacks/drinks + 100/120 € for additional self-organized activities = 150/210 €
If you are not accommodated at the Jacobs University Campus:
- 7-days course: 150/200 € for food + 70/100 € for additional self-organized activities = 220/300 €
- Full 10-days course: 200/250 € for food + 100/120 € for additional self-organized activities = 300/370 €
You can eat on the campus: there are a canteen and a cafe where you can eat.
We are preparing a diverse social program for participants of the Winter Academy. You will find it under the Social Program section on the website. You can join in the offered leisure activities or you are free to organize your own trips or activities. Visit the page Location for some tips about Bremen.
Of course you can organize your free time. If you want to organize a social activity on your own or visit friends or family that live nearby, you are free to do so. Please keep in mind the course hours of your classes as they live from your attendance.
We will give you an emergency number shortly before your arrival to Bremen for questions concerning the Winter Academy. For real danger situations, emergency numbers in Germany are the following: Police: 110 │Ambulance and Fire department: 112 │